GATH Surf Convertible ear protectors are easily removed to expose the ears – ideal for hot weather – or easily attached, becoming an extension of the helmet shell for added impact protection and extra warmth in cold conditions. Adjustable audio vents allow further flexibility to shut out the cold wind or open to improve hearing.
The sizing chart provided is a guide only, as head shapes vary.
Please note that measurements should be taken around the head – mid forehead, just above the ears.
Gath helmets are made from quality materials to strict specifications and are built to last and are backed by a 3-year warranty.
All materials are strong, durable, rust proof and will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes.
- Shell – Long lasting, UV stable, high impact resistant plastic.
- Visors – Top quality UV stable, shatter proof plastic.
- Peaks – UV stable, shatter proof, flexible, durable plastic.
- Liner – Multi impact, non-water absorbent foam.
- Headband – 10mm thick Multi impact, non-water absorbent foam.
- Comfort Strips – Multi impact, non-water absorbent foam.
- Fittings – All Gath helmet custom built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, salt water resistant materials.
- Retention system: made using non-stretch standards approved webbing, standards approved quick release buckles for a secure retention and are fitted with a nylon coated non-water absorbent foam for added comfort.
Get ahead, get a Gath Surf Convertible – the brand you know and trust for the best head protection for surfing sports now delivers the ultimate helmet combinations for all water activities on the edge. Cool, space age styling, with quality and performance second to none.
Gath backs up its Australian Design Award winning surfing helmet with two new models designed for the realistic requirements of professionals and sports enthusiasts. With amazing innovation in versatility and style, comfort and protection from the more regular injury mechanisms, shelter from the elements, GATH continues to lead the way with all the design criteria that are essential for safe and practical water use.
Frederick Wagner –
“I sure appreciate having my Gath Surf convertible helmet this past year!!
I bought the Gedi one at first, then fell from the top of a 6′ wave and had a spooky neck pain on entry in the water. Bought the smaller profile SC one and have really liked it. Recently took the ears off and I find that makes for a much better social connecting out in the water (something I wasn’t used to because I used to wear a neoprene hat over the ears for sun protection). After 4 months, I bought a larger fit strip and was able to snug up my fit after it’d molded to my skull.”
“Thanks for coming up with the product details that are great. I got 40 stitches on my forehead, hitting the bottom out in big waves, before i got your product last year : )”
Los Angeles, CA